CME On Line
Clinical Content Presented by: Philip Greenman, D.O., FAAO
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Michigan State University
Welcome to the on-line, continuing medical education site at Michigan State University's College of Osteopathic Medicine. Extensive use of interactive simulations, animations, video, audio, and color graphics, help you to review, master, and retain basic anatomical and biomechanical knowledge necessary for the diagnosis of musculoskeletal dysfunction. Our objectives go beyond just providing you with a product that will enable you to obtain CME credits, we also want to immerse you in a unique learning experience that will expand your understanding of, and ability to use, manual medicine in your practice.
You have free access to all the didactic content, paying only $15/CME credit when you are ready to take the graded exam. On-line registration is handled by MSU over a secure Web site. 24-Hour Help and Support is provided by MSU by calling 1-800-500-1554 or 517-355-2345. Michigan State University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MSUCOM will award AOA approved, Category 1-B CME credits with a passing grade of 70%.
The following educational modules are offered:
- Barrier Concepts (2 credits) Barrier Concepts is being offered at No Charge
- Axis Reference Systems (2 credits)
- Basic Concepts of Osteopathic Medicine (10 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
- Autonomic Nervous System (6 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
- Cervical Anatomy & Biomechanics (6 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
- Lumbar Anatomy & Biomechanics (6 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
- Thoracic Anatomy & Biomechanics (6 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
- Rib Cage Anatomy & Biomechanics (6 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
- Pelvic Anatomy & Biomechanics (6 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
- Functional & Clinical Significance of the Pelvis (6 credits) -- (Instructional Objectives)
Quick Quiz self-testing exercises, interspersed throughout the modules, provide formative evaluation to ensure that the goals of the instruction are being achieved. These exercises give instant feedback to the learner and provide remedial instruction, when necessary, in response to the learner's answers to specific questions. Use of these self-evaluating exercises also enables the learner to accurately gauge their level of understanding.
Once you feel that you have mastered the content, you can take an examination. Examination questions are randomly selected from a large pool of questions and then randomly ordered on an examination "sheet", ensuring that each user gets a unique set of questions. The examination sheet can be saved and recalled any number of times. Once you are satisfied with your answers, you submit the examination sheet for grading. The examination sheet is electronically graded and you will receive immediate feedback related to your performance.If you have questions, you can contact Dr. Hallgren by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
No commercial support was received for the development of this content. The developers and presenters have no conflicts to disclose. This product is intended for instructional use only. It is not designed for clinical or diagnostic purposes. The authors, producers, and publishers of these materials shall not be held liable for any loss and/or injury arising from the use of information and procedures contained in these programs.